Malioboro


     Hey, I'm going to tell you things that i know about Malioboro. Malioboro is one of my favorite destination in Indonesia. Malioboro is a shopping street located between Jogja Kraton and Mount Merapi. People used to buy things like necklace, bracelet, tote bag, and batik, as a souvenir or a memento in Malioboro. I think the reason people buy many things in Malioboro is because the souvenirs in there are beautiful (and quite cheap). If you go there, you will find lots of merchants that sell bracelets and necklaces on the side of the street, some stalls that sell shirts and tote bags, and stores that sell batik along the way.

       Other than stalls and stores, there are some buildings around Malioboro that will amaze you. One of them is Hotel Garuda. Hotel Garuda is an old hotel that have been operating in Malioboro since the Dutch era. Beside hotel Garuda, there is a historical building located on Malioboro, it is Fort Vredeburg museum. This museum was a former colonial fortress that has been converted into a museum that was opened on 1992. If you go to Malioboro, you must visit this place because this place will give you tons of information about the colonial era in Indonesia.

      Here is an interesting part that happened in Malioboro, on 1980, there was an advertisement placed on a building in Malioboro street. It is a cigarette advertisement, and it advertised Marlboro cigarettes. I think it's a bit funny. A Marlboro advertisement, placed on Malioboro street. What a coincidence.

      Malioboro is the heart of Jogja. it's always crowded. i think, Malioboro is surrounded by something that will make you feel happy and comfortable. you can go there several times and never get tired of it. i, personaly, have been there 3 times and i still want to go there again.
      

          The first time i went to Jogja, i was 2 years old. i don't really remember what i did or where i went that time. the second time i went to Jogja, i was 14 years old. I was on a school trip. Me and my friend went to Borobudur temple and malioboro on the third day. I bought lots of bracelet and necklace there. i nearly lost my friend there. I went to find some bracelet and she went back to the school bus. i didn't know that she went to the school bus. i searched for her and thank god i found her.
   
      The third time i went to Jogja, i was still 14. I went there with my family. On the second day of our trip, we went to malioboro. we went there at night but the night doesn't make malioboro dark or gloomy. Malioboro still sparks joy and happines and still full of people. My family bought batik there, and me and my cousin bought some glasses.
    
 I really miss my trip to Malioboro. I hope i could go there again.


     

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

• Making a Procedure Video •

• Great Smog of London •